Monday, August 31, 2009

Changelog for v0.8.6

v4l4j 0.8.6 packs in support for a brand new feature: dealing with capture frame rate.

With this version, an application can dynamically find out wheter a video device supports adjustable capture frame rates, enumerate them and set an appropriate one for capture.
Of course, this feature is available only if the driver and video device support it. I have made a few test with the hardware I have at hands and I managed to achieve capture rates of up to 30 frame per seconds ! I have listed my results on this wiki page.

3 comments:

  1. cool.
    Do you have any recommendation on motion detection libraries?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    The only one I have personally used is opencv (http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/), but unfortunately, it is a C/C++ library so if you are planning to used it from Java, you will need some JNI code (which shouldnt be too hard if you are only interested in motion detection).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Indeed a solid library worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete